Powered By Blogger

Friday 14 November 2014

How To Browse With Your BIS Plan On Your PC.

Your Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) data plan can be used to browse on your personal computer. It can be done by following some few steps. At the time of writing this post, I have only tried to use MTN and Glo BIS to browse on my computer. Only Glo connected and surfed the internet.

MTN BIS did not work. Not with the use of an internet tunnelling software, which I am not even going to talk about. I have not tried Etisalat and Airtel BIS yet. I plan to do this soon and update you with my findings. Let me just go straight to the ones that I already know and not write too much story.

What you need to use your Glo BIS to browse on PC

You need the following to start browsing with your Blackberry Internet Service:

  1. Your Glo SIM
  2. Glo BIS Subscription (click here to see the cheapest and best Glo BIS Package)
  3. You Blackberry Phone with Hotspot feature
  4. You Personal Computer with Wi-Fi enabled

How to connect and browse on PC the internet with Glo BIS

After you have subscribed to the Glo Blackberry Internet Service that I linked to above, you will get 3GB for N1000. Don’t get me wrong, you can go for any BIS plan you like. I only recommended that because it makes a lot of sense compared to many other plans.

Now, go to your phone and switch on your Hotspot. I can’t really dwell on this because the procedure may be different depending on your type of phone. However, I would use the  Blackberry Q10 I have here with me as example.

  • Go to Mobile Network
  • Click on Mobile Hotspot, then click on the three vertical dots to bring out the menu
  • Click on Configure option  to add Mobile Hotspot name. You can use any name you want but I used “Glo BB Mobile Hotspot 7824″.
  • You can set a Password if you want your network protected
  • You can now save the settings and switch the Hotspot to “On”

Blackberry Mobile Hotspot

Now it’s time to use your computer

  • Switch on the Wi-Fi on your computer
  • Go to your Network and Sharing Center
  • Look for the name of your Hotspot network and click on it
  • Click on the connect to start browsing the internet (see screenshot below)

Network sharing center

NOTE: If you added a password while configuring the Hotspot on your phone, you will be required to provide it when you want to connect to internet on PC.